Till it Ends

By Ryan Saavedra

As long as you live, there is still hope.

I’ve been into different ups and downs, trying to surpass each of them. But it seems that the more I push myself, the more I fail.

I think it isn’t fair, because I am always losing. I feel like a piece of trash with no chance for achievement.

As long as you live, there is still hope.

This adage is still my motivation to pursue my activities even though I oftentimes fail. I may be prone to falling down but what really matters is the fact that I can stand up and continue my journey. I am still alive -- breathing, walking, talking, and thinking -- and that motivates me.

Success is like building a house; you must dig deeper during construction so that the foundation would be firm. In effect, the house would not be easily dumped by natural disasters.

I guess failing several times creates the possibility for me to become successful. The secret is to learn the lesson from every failure so that when confronted with a similar situation, you are already equipped with the necessary response regarding the matter.

At this moment, I am still striving to go far and get a hold of my dreams, slowly coping from every trauma I gained from my failures. But successful people are trained from their experiences, so why the hell would I give up? I have no right to give up and it would be very foolish of me if I do.

So for as long as I can breathe, as long as I am capable, I still have the ray of hope to achieve whatever dream I have. The choice is still mine -- whether I should give up or continue despite the hardships. I still have the chance to succeed because I still have my life, hope is all around me, and success is but a few steps away.

I won’t give up. I won’t surrender until everything else ends.

No comments: