Ray of Hope

By Camille Loren Martinez

This is an imperfect world.

For several times, I have asked myself why life is unfair. But I have already formed a conclusion that this is due to the fact that life is… well, life.

Sometimes, I ask myself, “Could I get a ray of hope despite this world’s imperfections?” But I am certain that one reason why I’ve encountered a lot of frustrations is because I am weak. I have a lot of weaknesses inside, which I’ve been trying to fight. But whenever I exchange blows with these distressing situations, I feel more human.

I guess that’s how it really goes. Though I never planned to be exactly like this, and though I never chose this, God made a way.

I have long decided to let go of the anger and pain I felt from the past even if it still hurts. I used to cry a lot, and I have lived my life the way others wanted me to, but I decided to stop. In some way, somehow, I am moving on. I can manage.
I want the entire world to know that I wasn’t born to weep all the time because the real purpose of my life is to live, breathe, and be happy.

Though my head and heart tells me I’m not yet completely healed, I must move on. Besides, I believe I deserve to be free. Everyone does. I want to share my insight in order to inspire people to live their lives according to what they believe is acceptable and right.

Let me end this by leaving you with a cliché: life is too short. Whenever we feel like complete losers, we must find ourselves a ray of hope that would prompt us to move forward.

No comments: