Chrysalis

By Klaris Chua

I am a daughter
of a cowardly zealot
who pretends to know
wisdom, respect,
and everything in between.

I am a sister
hiding under her shadow,
engulfed by her energy;
g’damned the way she perfects everything!
(gross.) the way she glides makes me cross.

I am a friend
one that spurts
peals of ejaculation
but when everyone’s home
I spend the rest of my days alone.

I am a lover
of a boy who barely knows me
he’ll surely step back once he finds out
the Beelzebub hidden beneath
eagerly awaiting her beautiful awakening.

And at one click, I shoved the world away
I am no longer a daughter, a sister
a friend, nor a lover --
someone needs me better.
(I saw it in the rear view mirror.)

Tonight, as I swim in the sea
of solitude and soliloquy, I cast this.
The butterfly that once touched the sky
who speak of inner brutes in a marching band declares:

“I will forever be trapped in this chrysalis again.”

No comments: