Make it Right

By Karen Aujero

Have you ever felt like nobody wanted to be with you? Have you ever experienced being an outcast in a group? Have you ever been brought down by people who don’t seem to like you because of their wrong impressions about you?

Well, that’s the case. People always judge someone they don’t even know. They tend to have a mindset wherein they think you should be like this or that, taking for granted the way you’ve been molded extraordinarily. That’s the problem with most people. When you’re not doing things they usually do, they’ll label you as someone who’s different. When you’re not acting the way they do, they won’t like you. When you don’t feel what they feel, they’ll hate you.

They don’t understand that every individual has different ways, feelings, perceptions, and points of view. They are not pleased by someone who has a different lifestyle. What they only want is to be understood, to be treated fairly as if we’re the ones who need to adapt to their attitudes. The phrase “give and take” seems absent on their vocabularies because for them, only the term “take” exists. They typecast others, which often ends up in hating and hurting some people.

It will take one person hundreds of good, satisfying deeds to be liked by these people. On the other hand, it would only take that person a single mistake for them to be hated forever.

I remember all of those people I’ve encountered who had bad impressions about me only because I seem to be different. I am deemed as someone different because my attitude doesn’t meet their expectations nor do I fit the stereotype. But what could I do? This is me. This is how I live. This is my philosophy, my perception, my point of view. I’m just being true to myself. I am transparent regarding the things I want to do, the thoughts I want to ponder on, and the emotions I want to feel.

Every individual has their own prerogative on fulfilling their lives. It is just proper to allow others to live their lives the way they want to.

Some people ask me why I am brutally frank. I tell them that they don’t know my deal and they don’t know situation, or how hard I’ve been trying to make my life right. In other words, people don’t know what I’m going through; what every individual is going through. They don’t know what others have experienced or what others have accomplished. There is so much truth to the adage that you only live your life once, so why not live it the way you want to? Live your life and make it right.

No comments: